Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First bag, first hat, split result.



I made this bag a few months ago, and it was the first bag with handles that I ever made. Now that I think about it, it is the only bag with handles I ever made. It too is from Amy Karol’s book (see previous post). The outside is corduroy and the lining on the inside is cotton with a butterfly print. I’ve started to post my photos on Flickr, where there is a Bend the Rules Sewing group with thousands of photos from people who made projects from the book. So anyway, just thought I’d post a project that turned out well versus...



Acorn Hat! The model: cute. The hat: a flop. (And her expression is perfect. We worked on it for hours.) But in my defense, it was my first try with circular needles and decreasing, and the only (major) mistake was not making the hat tall enough. It is the correct circumference for an adult, but is way too shallow, thereby resembling the top of an acorn. The funny thing is that although it was my first hat ever, for some reason I decided to veer away from the directions and do my own thing. Not the brightest move. But if you are looking for an entertaining site with a great basic roll-knit hat tutorial, check out Crazy Aunt Purl. Even if you don’t knit, this lady is very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment