Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coasters/Dead Until Dark/Mittens.



My daughter graduated from preschool a few weeks ago and I made these coasters (from Bend the Rules Sewing) for the assistant teacher... luckily they are fast so I was able to make them the night before. For her teacher I made another version of the simple tote (previous post) – I used the same fabrics, but made it wider and a bit deeper, to be more like a purse.



Also, I started knitting some mittens from subliminalrabbit’s Bella’s Mittens pattern. I expect them to take me awhile because I’ve never knitted mittens and this is also my first time trying cables. The instructions say to use the “magic loop method” but I am using double-pointed needles instead. The gloves are beautiful, so I hope it goes ok. I have 6 rows right now.



I just finished reading Dead Until Dark, from Charlaine Harris’ Southern Vampire Mysteries on a recommendation from my sister-in-law. I thought is was really good, so I have the next one, Living Dead in Dallas, on hold from the library. The HBO series True Blood is based on these books – I have the DVD of season 1 coming from Netflix so I can’t wait to see how the show is.

No comments:

Post a Comment