Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Book Club.


A few months ago I joined in my first book club. It is made up of 5 women, including myself, and we meet about once a month at someone in the group's house. The first book we read was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. The second book was The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, and we are about to read Room by Emma Donoghue. While I really love reading, I don't see myself writing long reviews on this blog... so unless I come across something extraordinarily good or bad, I will just post the book. Oooh, and perhaps a star rating! Ok, here are the first two books, with (my) star rating above. (Out of 5 stars.)
3 stars

2.5 stars

p.s. I really don't have a handle on whether anyone reads my blog, but if you happen to have a book club suggestion, it is my turn to pick the next book, and I am looking for ideas...

2 comments:

  1. I love your star rating idea...I don't have a lot of time to read, so I'll go by your stars!As a suggestion, have you read "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski(2008)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion... I have not read/heard of it, so I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete