Friday, December 31, 2010

Hand Made Christmas Gifts.


This year we decided make each other's Christmas presents instead of buying them. The only one who opted out was my husband, but he helped the kids to make their gifts for me. Instead of opening them with the "regular" presents on Christmas Day, and getting lost in the shuffle, we each opened one hand made gift on Christmas Eve. I made the cat above, now named "Kitten", for my 6 year old daughter, and her reaction to this gift was the highlight of my Christmas. The pattern for the cat, by the way, is from this really cool book, Wee Wonderfuls by Hillary Lang.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make and give handmade gifts! You should have taken the "Handmade Pledge" visit http://www.buyhandmade.org/ to see more about it. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete